What it is
A Pipa made of Hua Li Wood by Qiu Ting Yu in China. The headstock is a beautiful faux bone carving of a Peony.
At a glance
A Pipa with a bright, warm and clear tone. Very responsive to touch
- Intermediate Pipa players looking to own a Pipa for performances
Why you should buy it
- Totally hand made by Qiu Ting Yu himself and the natural grains and colour of the wood shows through
- Light in weight
- Sound and tone resonate nicely
Why some might not want it
- Some may want to get the Premium Red Sandalwood Pipa from Qiu Ting Yu
- Some would prefer a non-dyed Pipa
About the Maker
Qiu Ting Yu is a renowned Pipa maker in Beijing. In the market, most instruments are made on production lines. However, Qiu Ting Yu stands by making every Pipa by hand from start to finish. This ensures a tight control on the quality of the Pipa. Choosing not to kiln dry the raw wood used, the wood are air dried for up to 15 years, going through multiple rounds of expansion and contraction with the temperature. This ensure a very firm body that will not deform or crack over time, which is a common problem with most Pipas nowadays.
There are no reviews yet.