What it is
An Erhu made of aged rosewood from the Ming Qing era by maker Yu Kai Ming from Zhejiang China.
It has the richest tone among all our YKM aged rosewood erhus.
At a glance
An Erhu with excellent playability and a rich warm tone.
- Beginners who wants a very good Erhu to start them off.
- Advanced and intermediate players looking for an instrument with a good dynamic range for greater expression.
Why you should buy it
- To produce a rich and thick tone
- Unique headstock makes you stand out in an orchestra.
- Prevents erhu moving around with an intricately carved anti-slip baseplate (instead of using a non-slip mat)
Why some might not want it
- Tone might not sound as sweet as other Suzhou erhus
About the Maker
YKM, or Yu Kai Ming, is a renowned maker that was once commissioned by Xi Jinping to make an erhu for the German Chancellor.
He learned his erhu making under the late Wang Gen Xing – one of the great erhu makers of the 90s.
There are no reviews yet.